Welcome to the Discover Trance Forums

The Discover Trance Radio forum is a great place to discuss music, tracks, shows and issues with like minded individuals and other Trance fans, it is also a great way to keep in touch with the staff and Djs

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Interview 003 - Sophie Sugar Options · View
DiscoverTrance
Posted: Thursday, March 12, 2009 11:26:53 PM

This week I talk to one of my own 'very-high-on-my-list' personal influences, and someone else that I know has got a bit of a soft spot for her too... wink

HERE WE GO with Miss Sophie Sugar!... Smile

Lou - Now... My all time favourite tune of yours is 'Fallen too far'... Which are your favourite tracks/productions/collaborations of your own?

Sophie - Good question! And thanks! No-one has ever asked me that before. It would have to be 'Redemption' which i made last year. It wasn't as big as some of my other tracks but for me it's exactly the kind of sound i love!

Lou - We have a fair few fans of 'Redemption' in the 'Discover Trance' house... wink What lured you to dj trance, above all other genres?

Sophie - I just love it! I've always loved emotional melodies in music, even as a child i remember hearing the music from films like 'ET' and 'Star Wars' and thinking it was just amazing. So, it wasn't really a case of choosing trance over another genre - if i didn't play trance i just wouldn't be a DJ!

Lou - 'Eeeeee Teeee!' Smile That film never fails to make me cry! So... You played an amazing set in South Africa for NYE this year, where is your favourite club/country to play out?

Sophie - Well, South Africa is a pretty special place to me because i used to live there for a year when i was younger and went to school out there. It's an incredible country for so many reasons - the history, the wildlife, the heat, the fact that we all supposedly originated from Africa in the very beginning - i could go on and on! I also love playing in Australia because everyone is so up for it but no-one takes it too seriously. Oh, and The Czech Republic - lovely people and fully into their trance!!

Lou - I have a list of places to visit before I die... South Africa and Oz are on there! Right... Tough one now... You are being banished to a desert island. Choose 3 tracks to take with you... wink

Sophie -
Chicane - 'No Ordinary Morning'
Vivaldi's 4 Seasons
And an 80's album with every amazing 80's tune - (i know that's cheating really!!)

Lou - I'll let you off! wink But only because of 'No Ordinary Morning'!!! I had that track on repeat when i bought a chill out album with it on! Oh my goodness, I thought I was the only person who remembered it! (I'm going to have to put Chicane's Greatest Hits back in my car now!) Anyway!! Moving on!.... Smile When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?

Sophie - Everything at different points! Journalist, actress, singer, psychologist and lots more! My Mum wanted me to become a barrister but think she realised it wasn't going to happen when i hit 16 and discovered clubbing!!

Lou - Haha! Fantastic... I remember telling anyone who would listen, when i was 5, that I wanted to be a Bus Driving-Nursing-Optician! I'm not in ANY of those fields now! Let us in on your favourite ice cream?

Sophie - Haagen Dazs 'Pralines and Cream' - no contest!!

Lou - I'm a 'Cookie Dough' girl, myself, but I also love Haagen Dazs 'Baileys' ice cream... Mmm... Do you have any unusual talents that you'd like to share?

Sophie - Erm....not really! I cook a mean chile con carne!! Does that count?!!

Lou - Of course! Can't beat a good chile! What were your highlights of 2008 then?

Sophie - Probably playing in Australia and NZ for the first time and the release of 'Redemption'.

Lou - Awesome... I am currently learning to dj, and I have used dj's such as yourself as my inspiration for keeping at it! Do you have any advice for aspiring Dj's?

Sophie - Aah, thanks! Well good luck with it - I'm sure you'll be great! My advice would be firstly to make sure you're doing it for the right reasons, i.e. you love the music because you really do need a passion for it to drive you forward and give you the determination you need to succeed. Other than that, i would say develop and stick to your own sound and to start making your own tracks as soon as you can.

Lou - Sounds good to me! I'm eating/sleeping/breathing Trance at the moment! Smile Can't get enough! Especially with some of the bosting releases we've had so far this year! (And it's only March!) What can we look forward to from you this year? Any new tracks/productions/gossip that you can share?... wink

Sophie - Yes, i have lots of exciting plans for this year! My new vocal track 'Beside You' will be coming out around June time, as well as 'Together' which is the follow up to 'Redemption'. I have a new monthly radio show (I'll be posting more details on my group page about this very soon), and will be doing a compilation later in the year (again details to follow soon on this). DJ'ing wise, I'm looking forward to playing in some new and exciting countries such as Sweden, Algeria, and the good old US of A!!

Lou - WOW! Sounds fantastic! A busy year for you then?! Can't wait for June! And keep us posted about your radio show... maybe you could join us on DT?!...

Sophie - No worries - any time! Great questions!! Good luck with the DJ'ing - keep me posted on how you're getting on x

Lou - Thank you! I will! That's so kind of you! I might bug you for some tips... wink x

Sophie - Sure - ask me anything! Smile

Lou - Wicked! Thank you Sophie! That's really kind of you Smile

...And you can catch up with that lovely lady via www.sophiesugar.com or via her Official Facebook group - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=47053847758&ref=nf

copyright 2009 - http://www.discovertrance.com
Sponsor
Posted: Thursday, March 12, 2009 11:26:53 PM
TeeO
Posted: Thursday, March 12, 2009 11:35:58 PM

AWESOME job Lou !!!

TeeOs Tranceplant LIVE saturdays 21:00 GMT

If you like what you hear, please vote for TeeO HERE
FireStorm
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2009 1:34:04 PM

Fantstic interview Lou, really enjoyed reading this!

FireStorm
Show: Discover Trance Radio Show
Time: Every Saturday from 19:00 GMT
Inclooziv
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2009 1:42:54 PM

Yees, i'll be waiting for next interwievs Smile

Facebook: Bartosz Piotrkowski
YouTube Channel: B4r7a5
Xenomorph
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2009 1:48:40 PM

Now thats a really good interview again, Lou. Massive respect.
LarSson
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2009 1:57:03 PM

Sophie Sugar sexi girl Smile
Javs
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2009 11:51:19 AM

allways a real pleasure to read awesome job Lou x

FOUND TREASURES
LIVE Fridays 10:00 CET (9:00PM GMT)

Blu_Lou
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2009 11:54:55 AM

Thank you guys... Smile

I'm really glad that you're enjoying reading them, as much as i'm enjoying doing them Smile

Lxxx

The only limit to your dreams, is you.....

~ \o/ CHECK OUT THE LATEST INTERVIEWS, WITH ME, IN THE 'INTERVIEWS' SECTION... ENJOY!... \o/ ~
DJ Pusher
Posted: Monday, March 16, 2009 5:28:34 PM

WOW,

what am awesome interview!!!

Dancing with spirit, Love your soul find your freedom.

www.youtube.com/user/PusherLIVE
Facebook.com
Myspace.com
Pushers DJ Biography
http://thedjlist.com/djs/THE_PUSHER/

Lena
Posted: Friday, July 28, 2017 8:25:19 AM

hello guys ,, i love her songs ,, she is nice ...Sophie Sugar is a trance musical artist and producer who has established herself as an international DJ. She is currently signed by Armada Music.

DeFi Marketplace​ | WordPress Crypto Widgets
AD4E
Posted: Saturday, August 5, 2017 3:09:24 AM

but i don't recall hearing anything from Sophie recently. maybe i missed it?